New Features

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2008 at 3:55 AM
It would be nice if the UI would apply metadata changes back to the original images.
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:32 PM
How about PNG support? I noticed that it ignored a PNG file that I had in my images folder.
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM
It would be cool if you could re-order the images in the UI and have it reflected in the generated data file. Drag and drop re-ordering would be slick.
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Obviously, images and thumbnails need to be sized differently depending on the intended slideshow. It would be cool to provide a way for the user to suggest the dimensions and/or image quality for the set main images and the set of thumbnails (not to each image individually, but one setting shared across each set).
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM
The data file it generated for me was technically invalid in that it included a dateTaken attribute. Was this a feature you added yourself? Slide.Show probably allows this for now, but shouldn't...
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:46 PM
This isn't exactly a feature request... I was initially confused by the 4 buttons at the top. I wasn't sure when to push each one and what each one was doing exactly (even with the help of the log at the bottom). Eventually, I just clicked all 4 and it just worked, but definitely wasn't that confident that it would work right. Still a cool tool though! :)
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM
How about for the people who just want a quick n' dirty data file... Ideally, someone drops the target folder on the .exe icon and it just generates the default data file, images, and thumbnails for them. That would be my own use case 90% of the time, actually. No need for any UI!
Jan 17, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2008 at 2:23 AM

billyzkid wrote:
How about PNG support? I noticed that it ignored a PNG file that I had in my images folder.

It ignores TIFF images, too. It'd be nice if it could take any image and convert it to a .jpg for the slideshow; but that may be asking too much.
Still; a very nice little program, and it saves a lot of time typing code.

billyzkid wrote:
No need for any UI!

I like th UI; it gives me a chance to see the files that it doesn't add because of missing meta tag info. I've noticed that already; if there's no meta tag information, this program wants to skip adding it to the slideshow.
Another thing, too; if there's sub folders within the gallery folders being initiated, it won't search those sub folders - it only goes one level deep. I have a few thousand pictures to generate, and there's some that are missing the meta tag info; this gives me a chance to add the missing info, even though it's just for the slideshow.

Ed.