New Feature Requests

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:40 PM
I've got a few requests that will make this program a lot easier to use.

1. Have little check-marks next to each button appear AFTER you've completed that step.
why? when you've got huge albums, you kind of lose track of what step you're at.
2. Have a default "author/photographer" name, so it can fill in the name for all photos.
3. Have an option to set date taken to date of file.
why not? it seems some files have date/taken from the camera? (not sure). if that doesn't exist, use file date/time.
4. Have an option to set description to name of file.
why? when making a slideshow for someone else (consulting/etc), and they give you 1000s of pics,
if it filled in the picture filename, its a lot easier for them to say keep hp20202.jpg, get rid of hp30303.jpg.
with no names filled in by default, its impossible.
5. When you click an Album, auto-click all photos inside the album... saves a LOT of time.
6. Give an option for what resolution to scale pictures to.
It does seem to do a good job making the _s and _t pictures. Many of the pictures seem grainy.
Maybe have different options High/Med/Low res, based on intended audience, CABLE/DSL/Dial-up.

7. I believe someone else already mentioned this, but I think this would make the program so much more powerful...
The ability to read in the settings from a previously made slideshow, and edit it.
If a person does an "Oops" and has to start over, that it kind of lame.

I think this program is off to a great start !!

Oh... I did have 1 question: What feature(s) did you make use of in vs2008 that aren't in vs2005??
I'd love to play with the source, and make some of those above requests myself, but I can't load it in vs2005.

Keep up the good work !!

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM
JRCSystems, as far as I know it is due to the project using .NET 3.5 and SilverLight and these are not suppored with VS2005. Looking forward to making changes my self once I get VS2008 and install it. You have some great ideas I did not think of.
May 16, 2008 at 2:43 AM
What about using Visual Studio 2008 Express?  Shouldn't this allow anyone to open and edit the source?

I like most of these suggestions as well.  I hope I can offer some suggestions and solutions of my own.

Thanks for the project...it beats copy-n-paste in notepad or VS.
Jun 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM
It's a great piece of software - thanks.

Enhancements that I would find useful are:

1) Have an option to set resolution and size as suggested above in 6).
2) Option to specify a different folder for output of thumbnails.
3) Option to rename files on output, eg. user specified prefix plus sequence number. This would enable simple unique names to be used.